Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF)
Everyone depends on Earth’s ecosystems and their life-sustaining benefits, such as clean air, fresh water and healthy soils. Founded in 2000, the Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF) is a global leader in enabling civil society to participate in and benefit from conserving some of the world’s most critical ecosystems.
CEPF provide grants for nongovernmental and private sector organizations to help protect biodiversity hotspots, Earth’s most biologically rich yet threatened areas.
- Target biodiversity hotspots in developing and transitional countries.
- Are guided by regional investment strategies developed with stakeholders.
- Go directly to civil society groups to build this vital constituency for conservation alongside governmental partners.
- Create working alliances among diverse groups, combining unique capacities and eliminating duplication of efforts.
- Achieve results through an ever-expanding network of partners working together toward shared goals.